Thursday, October 28, 2010

Don't get freaked out but...

So I had the initial idea to make a few stakes and crossbows for my project. I went to Lowe's and picked up a giant wooden stick. I mean I still plan on sharpening the edge to a point but the best part of this experience was using what I have at home and constructing something outrageous. In my room, there is a basket with rope-type material surrounding it. I decided to take the material out of the basket and make a whip. Yes a whip. And it's awesome. Whips can be used to intimidate people and animals. It can also do a lot of harm. Also, it can possibly strangle/ hold someone down if I am in trouble. After making the first whip, I wanted to make another one smaller in size. I am still working on that one. Pictures will be uploaded soon. Since I got help with the first one, I decided to make the second one by myself since this project is really about one's survival and the individual.

In addition to the two whips, I made a stake. Well, technically I just took a piece of wood, snapped it, and then sharpened it with a knife. The process was very very tedious and I have yet tried to use the stake. I hope it cuts through something, anything. Pictures will be uploaded soon as well.

I suppose my tactic is to try and intimidate my enemy and fight from a distance. If a vampire or zombie is close, then I have a stake. I have a screw on the back of the wooden stick so that I can throw the stick from a distance and get it back from the rope. I just hope that I can figure some way for the stick to retract quicker.

Until tomorrow, A

No comments:

Post a Comment