Monday, October 25, 2010

Power of verbal communication Propsal


In my previous posting I expressed my interest in creating a piece about the mis-communication of a tragedy but I was stuck with a visual representation. I want to create a contraption that is installed in train cars that translates the messages of disaster. The conductor or train operatives will simple walk up to the box relay the message and an automated voice will play over the loud speaker; the communications will be in several mainstream dialects.

2 comments:

  1. I have questions about this one, but I think it seems pretty cool. It's like a voluntary black box? How is it powered, is it indestructible, magic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you,I guess at this point it seems a little unrealistic because I do not know how I will power it or make it functional. I really like the idea of a black box, maybe I would get a recording device and have people record their messages or install instructions for disaster. This piece will be indestructible. Haha unfortunately no magic :(

    ReplyDelete