Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Trapped in a hole

For my final project I really want to utilize the Scandling Center tiles where everyone stands in line to get into Saga so I filmed Liz as if she were stuck in a hole in ground. It will look like the floor caved in and she is trapped down there as long as I can hang a projector the way I planned. I am going to bevel the edges of the frame so that the outline looks jagged and it looks like a real hole. I want people to walk up to it and do a double take and think that it is a real hole.

The reason why I wanted to work with something along the lines of being trapped is because I was fascinated by the idea that we are all "trapped" in our own little worlds and we don't take the time to think of others. This piece shows Liz sometimes very content in her little hole, reading, working out, etc. and then there are other times when she cries for help and wants to be rescued.

My supplies would just be a projector because I plan to project right onto the tiles in Scandling.

No comments:

Post a Comment