Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Warfare? Part of the Big Picture




Here are the weapons I made-a Matchbox Bomb, a BB Gun Pencil, and a Bow and Arrow.

I decided that I was unhappy with the idea of only making office supply warfare, so these small sculptures are a small part of a larger piece: which is to have a model survivalist home made of straws, tacks, and garbage bags, as well as other memorabilia. These are what I have completed so far, so don't be disappointed at this small amount of stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth-

    Are you planning to make "use" videos for these?
    I for one am not sure what a matchbox bomb does.
    The context of the video will really shape these smaller works, which for now have a really rough improvised "toy" feel about them.

    I'd like to see your design mock ups for the survivalist home. From the description, it sounds like a shanty or a shelter improvised by/for someone impoverished. Interesting ideas here.

    ReplyDelete